The Entrepreneurs Leadership Program provides deep training and mentorship for a select cohort of students to develop the functional, managerial, and leadership skills that differentiate the good from the great entrepreneurs. It equips some of the University of Michigan’s most driven minds with a rigorous experiential curriculum to lead them onto an entrepreneurial path during and after their college career. Students from all schools/colleges, academic programs, and years are eligible for the program.
We are looking for the most driven, passionate and talented students to join a strong network of entrepreneur peers and mentors. Will that be you?
Entrepreneurs Leadership Program Details:
The ELP Experience is a year-long fellowship program that combines teaching, mentorship, and training.
- Students study entrepreneurial leadership, strategy, and culture through the 3-Credit Entrepreneurial Leadership Course (Winter semester) and 3-Credit Entrepreneurial Action and Vision Course (Fall semester)
- Both ELP courses are compatible with the Minor in Entrepreneurship and PCDC credit (College of Engineering)
- Students have exclusive access to meetings with founders, investors, executives and other notable entrepreneurs in class, on Global Treks, and campus events
- Students participate in the ELP Mentor Matching program which pairs each ELP student with an entrepreneur, investor, or entrepreneurial leader to support their entrepreneurial career goals. Throughout the Winter semester, ELP students meet with their mentor once a month from January through April, attend the pre-matching info session, and complete post-matching assessments.
- Students gain hands-on experience over the summer working in an entrepreneurial ecosystem by completing an internship at a growing startup, starting a venture, or shadowing an entrepreneurial leader
- The CFE will provide exclusive access to internships at growing startups and mentorship opportunities with successful and active entrepreneurs. Through this process the CFE guarantees each ELP student at least one interview for a paid summer internship at a venture-backed startup; however, it is the responsibility of the student to secure the internship. The CFE guarantees interviews will take place from the start of January to the end of February.
- The CFE will provide as much support as possible, including aiding in negotiating any offer for employment with the student. Further, the CFE can provide significant financial support for summer internships at startups based one or more of the following conditions:
- CoE Students
- Women majoring in Computer Science
- Venture-backed startup internships
- Non-profit startup internships
- ELP is open to students from all schools and colleges, academic programs, and years
We encourage applicants to demonstrate an active interest in our program through attending events in addition to submitting an application.
Come hear from the women participating in the CFE’s many immersive experiences! Listen to their experiences and the journey that lead them down the path of entrepreneurship.
Women in ENTRepreneurship | In-Person | 9/28 | 5-6 p.m. | RSVP here
Join us for our signature event! The Innovation Challenge is an entrepreneurial game that challenges participants to design, build, plan, and execute, utilizing teamwork and networking. Come learn about how to further your entrepreneurial career through TechLab at Mcity and ELP.
We can’t promise it’ll be easy, but it’ll be one of the most fun recruitment events of the season!
Innovation Challenge | In-Person | Duderstadt Center | 10/3 | 5-8 p.m. | RSVP here
Join us for our signature event! The Innovation Challenge is an entrepreneurial game that challenges participants to design, build, plan, and execute, utilizing teamwork and networking. Come learn about how to further your entrepreneurial career through TechLab at Mcity, ELP, and MPowered, while having some fun!
CFE and MPowered Innovation Challenge | In-Person | Duderstadt Center | 10/3 | 5 p.m. | RSVP here
The Entrepreneurs Leadership Program provides deep training and mentorship for a select cohort of students to develop the functional, managerial, and leadership skills that differentiate the good from the great entrepreneurs. Students from all schools/colleges, academic programs, and years are eligible for the program. Apply before 10/10/22 deadline.
ELP Application Closes | 10/10 | Apply here
LATEST BLOG POSTS
2022 Fadell Scholarship Winner Announcement
Continuing to champion the entrepreneurial pursuits of undergraduate students at the University of Michigan, the Center for Entrepreneurship is happy to announce that the prestigious…
Juggling an Internship with Startup Aspirations
Blog Post by ELP Student Raul Dutta (Computer Science | Class of 2021) More than any profession, entrepreneurship has the most variable workload. This is…
What I learned interning at New York City’s fastest-growing startup
Blog Post by ELP Student Samay Shamdasani (Computer Science Engineering | Class of 2023) This past summer, I interned at Ramp, the financial automation platform…
If you're interested in partnering with the CFE, click the button to reach out and learn more about how.