The Entrepreneurs Leadership Program provides deep training and mentorship for a select cohort of students to develop the functional, managerial, and leadership skills that differentiate the good from the great entrepreneurs. It equips some of the University of Michigan’s most driven minds with a rigorous experiential curriculum to lead them onto an entrepreneurial path during and after their college career.
We are looking for the most driven, passionate and talented students to join a strong network of entrepreneur peers and mentors. Will that be you?
Entrepreneurs Leadership Program Details:
The ELP Experience is a year-long fellowship program that combines teaching, mentorship, and training.
- Students study entrepreneurial leadership, strategy, and culture through the 3-Credit Entrepreneurial Leadership Course (Winter semester) and 3-Credit Entrepreneurial Action and Vision Course (Fall semester)
- Both ELP courses are compatible with the Minor in Entrepreneurship and PCDC credit (College of Engineering)
- Students have exclusive access to meetings with founders, investors, executives and other notable entrepreneurs in class, on Global Treks, and campus events
- Students gain hands-on experience over the summer working in an entrepreneurial ecosystem by completing an internship at a growing startup, starting a venture, or shadowing an entrepreneurial leader
- The CFE will provide exclusive access to internship at growing startups and mentorship opportunities with successful and active entrepreneurs. Through this process the CFE guarantees each ELP student at least one interview for a paid summer internship at a venture-backed startup; however, it is the responsibility of the student to secure the internship. The CFE guarantees interviews will take place from the start of January to the end of February.
- The CFE will provide as much support as possible, including aiding in negotiating any offer for employment with the student. Further, the CFE can provide significant financial support for summer internships at startups based one or more of the following conditions:
- CoE Students
- Women majoring in Computer Science
- Venture-backed startup internships
- Non-profit startup internships
- ELP is open to students from all schools and colleges, academic programs, and years
ELP RECRUITMENT EVENTS
All events will be virtual. To receive the Zoom links for the events, please RSVP.
We encourage applicants to demonstrate an active interest in our program through attending events in addition to submitting an application.
Our signature event will look a little different this year! The Innovation Challenge will be an entrepreneurial game that challenges participants to develop a solution to a current societal problem such as sustainability or big data. Even better, teams will have a chance to pitch their idea to 3-4 expert judges. Students can sign up as a team of 4 or on their own and will get a chance to learn more about how to further your entrepreneurial career through our CFE Fellowship Programs (ELP, TechLab at Mcity, and TechLab Climate Change).
We can’t promise it’ll be easy, but it’ll be one of the most fun recruitment events of the season!
Innovation Challenge | Virtual | 9/30 | 4:30-7:30 p.m. | RSVP here to receive the Zoom link
Join us for an event that features a panel of four or five of our many fierce and determined female fellowship students as they talk about their entrepreneurial paths at U-M and how the fellowship programs were the needed advantage for making them stand out among the crowd. Following the panel, we will have an interactive consulting session with fellowship women working on cool ventures/projects.
Women in ENTRepreneurship Panel | Virtual | 9/24 | 5-6:30 p.m. | RSVP here to receive the Zoom link
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Why Mentorship is Important and What My Mentor Taught Me
Blog Post by ELP Student Braden Shugarman (Business Administration | Class of 2022) There is no better way to learn than by getting involved first-hand….
Running Your Life Like A Startup
Blog Post by ELP Student Arjan Guglani (Computer Science | Class of 2023) If you are anything like me, you have tried to reinvent yourself…
An Insight into Entrepreneurship within the XR Field
Blog Post by ELP Student Beste Aydin (Computer Engineering | Class of 2021) Extended reality (XR) is an emerging field that encompasses virtual reality (VR),…
If you're interested in partnering with the CFE, click the button to reach out and learn more about how.