The Entrepreneurs Leadership Program provides deep training and mentorship for a select cohort of students to develop the functional, managerial, and leadership skills that differentiate the good from the great entrepreneurs. It equips some of the University of Michigan’s most driven minds with a rigorous experiential curriculum to lead them onto an entrepreneurial path during and after their college career.
We are looking for the most driven, passionate and talented students to join a strong network of entrepreneur peers and mentors. Will that be you?
Entrepreneurs Leadership Program Details:
The ELP Experience is a year-long fellowship program that combines teaching, mentorship, and training.
- Students study entrepreneurial leadership, strategy, and culture through the 3-Credit Entrepreneurial Leadership Course (Winter semester) and 3-Credit Entrepreneurial Action and Vision Course (Fall semester)
- Both ELP courses are compatible with the Minor in Entrepreneurship and PCDC credit (College of Engineering)
- Students have exclusive access to meetings with founders, investors, executives and other notable entrepreneurs in class, on Global Treks, and campus events
- Students gain hands-on experience over the summer working in an entrepreneurial ecosystem by completing an internship at a growing startup, starting a venture, or shadowing an entrepreneurial leader
- The CFE will provide exclusive access to internship at growing startups and mentorship opportunities with successful and active entrepreneurs. Through this process the CFE guarantees each ELP student at least one interview for a paid summer internship at a venture-backed startup; however, it is the responsibility of the student to secure the internship. The CFE guarantees interviews will take place from the start of January to the end of February.
- The CFE will provide as much support as possible, including aiding in negotiating any offer for employment with the student. Further, the CFE can provide significant financial support for summer internships at startups based one or more of the following conditions:
- CoE Students
- Women majoring in Computer Science
- Venture-backed startup internships
- Non-profit startup internships
- ELP is open to students from all schools and colleges, academic programs, and years
LATEST BLOG POSTS
Students Explore Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
This fall, over 130 students interested in learning more about what entrepreneurship is, how it affects communities, and what they could expect should they choose…
CFE Announces Fadell Scholarship Aimed at Supporting First Generation and Immigrant Entrepreneurial Students
The University of Michigan’s Center for Entrepreneurship in the College of Engineering is pleased to announce the establishment of the Fadell Scholarship Fund for…
Trying to Write the Ideal Deck
Blog post by ELP student Nishant Patel (Computer Science/Data Science | Class of 2021) Interning at Kode Labs Background At Michigan, I am involved in…
If you're interested in partnering with the CFE, click the button to reach out and learn more about how.