From August 2 – 6, 2017, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, along with the University of Illinois System, World Business Chicago, and Lollapalooza will invite 200 top college students from across the country to take a behind-the-scenes tour of Chicago’s vibrant technology ecosystem and attend this year’s four-day Lollapalooza music festival (August 3 – 6, 2017).
Selected students will have the opportunity to:
- Tour some of Chicago’s most innovative companies and co-working spaces, and meet with key industry leaders
- Participate in talks and presentations featuring Chicago technologists and entrepreneurs
- Attend Lollapalooza 2017 music festival, plus a walk-through of the artist production areas
How to apply:
Students are accepted into the program based on their interest in technology, computer science, innovation, entrepreneurship and a demonstrated commitment to excellence. Most students are in their junior or senior years of their undergraduate studies, but students from other years as well as recent graduates (Spring 2017) are also encouraged to apply. The program is free and there is no fee to apply.
- The deadline for student applications is 11:59PM CDT on Sunday, May 21, 2017 to be considered.
- Applications can be completed at http://apply.thinkchicago.n